Marine Discovery Tour
$48 per person
$30 Youth / Child
July & August
Wednesdays – 2 PM
ALL TOURS ARE WEATHER PERMITTING
More than just a boat tour, this experience made for the whole family will let you experience first-hand the biology of Bonne Bay. We invite you to join us on an education-packed boat tour of the central part of beautiful Bonne Bay fjord followed by an exclusive 30 minute aquarium tour.
BonTours Boat Tours in collaboration with the Bonne Bay Marine Station, a research and teaching center, and part of the Faculty of Science of Memorial University of Newfoundland, offers educational boat tours for science students and families. During your journey our marine specialist will discuss marine life in the fjord. You will discover the amazing sea life living in Bonne Bay waters. Our scientist interpreters will help you sample the cold, deep waters and collect some of the smallest creatures in the ocean. Then it is back to the Bonne Bay Marine Station to learn about the natural history of the Bay and for a closer look at the diverse marine life from the depths of Bonne Bay.
The boat tour will take you past some of the most beautiful views in Bonne Bay, and if you are lucky you might spot bald eagles or even a whale or tuna.
- Enjoy spectacular scenery “where mountains meet the sea”.
- Find out how ice has shaped the landscape around us.
- Learn how Bonne Bay can support such a rich diversity of marine life.
- Collect and examine microscopic marine plankton, and learn about marine food webs.
- Take an exclusive tour of the Public Aquarium.
- Get your hands wet among the rocky shore creatures living in our touch tank.
- See the importance of marine research.
Note: Bonne Bay Marine Station is a field-based research station of Grenfell Campus, Memorial University
DepartureNorris Point Waterfront
Departure TimeJuly & August - Wednesdays 2:00 PM