Discovery Educational Tour
$39 per person
$25 / child (1-16)
More than just a boat tour, this experience made for the whole family will show you just what lives beneath the surface of Bonne Bay. We invite you to join us on an education-packed boat tour of the central part of beautiful Bonne Bay fjord.
BonTours Boat Tours in collaboration with the Bonne Bay Marine Station, a research and teaching center, and part of the Faculty of Science of Memorial University of Newfoundland, offers educational boat tours for science students and families. During your journey our marine specialist will discuss marine life in the fjord. You will discover the amazing sea life living in Bonne Bay waters. Our specialist will help you sample the cold, deep waters and collect some of the smallest creatures in the ocean. Then it is back to the Bonne Bay Marine Station to learn about the natural history of the Bay and for a closer look at some or the larger marine life living below the waves.
The boat tour will take you past some of the most beautiful views in Bonne Bay, and if you are lucky you might spot bald eagles or even a whale or tuna.
- Enjoy spectacular scenery “where mountains meet the sea”.
- Find out how ice has shaped the landscape around us.
- Learn how Bonne Bay can support such a rich diversity of marine life.
- Collect and examine fragile marine plankton, and learn about marine food webs.
- Take an interactive tour of the Public Aquarium.
- Get your hands wet among the rocky shore creatures living in our touch tank.
- See the importance of marine research.
Note: Bonne Bay Marine Station is the primary field research station for Memorial University in western Newfoundland.
ALL OF OUR TOURS ARE WEATHER PERMITTING
DepartureNorris Point Waterfront
Departure TimeJuly & August - Wednesdays 2:00 PM