BonTours and the Cat Stop Pub & Grub are committed to adhering to the applicable recommended practices as advised by Department of Health and Community Services, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador to ensure the safety and health of our guests and our staff.
Effective August 24, 2020, guests are required to wear a non-medical mask in indoor venues including the indoor reception area and inside of cabin while on board the tour boat.
- Practicing good hygiene (wash your hands, avoid touching your face, cough and sneeze into your sleeve or a tissue).
- Maintaining a physical distance of at least 2 arm lengths. Use a non-medical or cloth mask when physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Frequent cleaning and disinfection of high-touch surfaces.
- Remain at home and away from others when you are sick, unless it is to get medical attention.
- Keeping a log of when you go out in public and your interactions with others.
- Advising Department of Health and Community Services, Government of Newfoundland and Labrador if any member of the staff and or guests may have contracted, and or come into contact with anyone who may be symptomatic of COVID19.
- Hand sanitizer station(s) will be available for public use. Customers and staff are encouraged to use them upon entering and exiting the premises.
- Signage will be posted in the general grounds and within the building reminding guests and staff to stay two metres apart from others
- The establishment, including check-out counters, kitchens and washrooms, allows for a minimum two meters physical distancing for both staff and customers.
- Individual tables and seating will be set up to ensure physical distancing including outdoor seating.
- Enhanced sanitation:
- Increase cleaning and disinfection of common touch and or shared surfaces including but not limited to; handrails, telephones, computers, doors and knobs, handles, checkouts, keyboards, countertops, and light switches.
- Sanitize shared equipment (where sharing of equipment cannot be avoided).
Employees should wear gloves to clear tables and wash their hands in between customers as well as before and after breaks.
- Public and staff washrooms cleaning and disinfection will occur regularly. Staff and public washrooms to be well stocked with liquid soap and paper towels and individually supplied water basins.
- Guests will be requested to book online. Cash payments will be avoided, if possible. PIN pads will be sanitized frequently.
- Vessel capacity will be capped at 50% of maximum passenger capacity.
- A passenger manifest will be maintained for contact tracing if required. Reservation holders will be requested to provide the names of each individual within their respective booking.
- At time of booking, reservation holders will be prompted to confirm a declaration that: All participants are to be in good health at time of service. If you or any member of your party are feeling sick, we humbly request that you please reschedule to an alternate date.
- Signage will be posted on board reminding guests and staff to:
- stay two metres apart from others;
- leave the premises, if they are symptomatic;
- practice proper hygiene (wash hands, cover coughs and sneezes).
- Vessel crew and interpreters will use their own microphones.
- Limited beverage / canteen service will be available during the cruise. Single use serving items only.
- Pre-departure passenger safety briefing will now include a notice to guests with respect to:
- Maintain physical distancing and respect personal space of other guests
- Select a seat for duration of the tour and refrain from moving about the vessel unless necessary
- Notify a crew member immediately if at any time they are feeling sick or nauseous. Affected guest(s) will be escorted immediately to an isolated area on the vessel and provided with seasickness bag. Any guest(s) experiencing seasickness will be monitored for the duration of the tour by a crew member designated.
- In the event of seasickness requiring assistance from the crew:
- Crew member to immediately don gloves and mask.
- Disposable / paper towels used to clean up affected area to be discarded in waste receptacle.
- Soiled area to be disinfected immediately after the infirm passenger has been attended to stabilized
- Affected area to remain off limits to all other passengers and crew till fully sanitized and disinfected